Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Middle School Book Reviews

Each week we will be posting reviews from a rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grader who are participating in our 10 in 10 challenge (read 10 books in 10 weeks) this summer.  Check back regularly to get recommendations from kids like you!


The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
reviewed by V.I., a rising 6th grader:

I really liked this book because I felt as if I were Tom Sawyer myself.  I think Tom is really brave and daring.  I would call this book a two thumbs up and five star book.



Ungifted by Gordon Korman
reviewed by O.M., a rising 7th grader

It was a great book with a great plot.  The characters fit their roles perfectly.  It was full of humor.




Chew on This by Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson
reviewed by M.B., a rising 8th grader

This book was really interesting.  You can learn a lot about healthy and unhealthy foods from it. It was cool to hear about how some fast-food chains got their start.  Although it was sometimes disturbing, learning how they make their food is interesting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment