Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Middle School Book Reviews

Each week we will be posting reviews from a rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grader who are participating in our 10 in 10 challenge (read 10 books in 10 weeks) this summer.  Check back regularly to get recommendations from kids like you!




Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
Reviewed by N.G., a rising 6th grader

I thought that this book was interesting to read. I liked they way that the other described the characters and the illustrations. I will probably like the other books in the series of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.





The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Reviewed by E.M., a rising 7th grader

I really enjoyed The Adoration of Jenna Fox. As I read, I felt like I was a part of the book. The author made it seem as if the reader was in the accident, so they forgot everything and had to go through the same learning process as Jenna. This writing style was interesting and I never wanted to put down the book. Jenna's lack of friends, knowledge, and an understanding for her family add to the book's intensity and interest level. Throughout the book, there were cliffhangers and curveballs. I liked this because I was always engaged and kept avidly reading. I never wanted to miss a part. I definitely want to read the other books in the series and I would recommend this book to friends.



Hattie Ever After by Kirby Lawson
Reviewed by J.H., a rising 8th grader

A pretty good book, took me a while to finish, but overall I liked it and was sad when it ended. I like the way in the book that Hattie stood up for herself and decided what she wanted to do and then achieved that goal. She didn't care about what other people thought, she just went out and did it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment