Thursday, August 8, 2013

Middle School Book Reviews

More reviews by Middle Schoolers!



Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Reviewed by V.I., a rising 6th grader

I loved the book because the author made me not want to put the book down once.






The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd
Reviewed by B.Z., a rising 7th grader

This is a very good book. It was a real page-turner. I couldn't put the book down. Salim seems to disappear into thin air but it's a mystery that happens to actually be realistic. The ending was very satisfying.




Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer
Reviewed by C.Y., a rising 8th grader

I thought it was fascinating both that Jodi Picoult's daughter worked with her on this book and that there might be a dimension in a book when readers don't read it. This book was creative and thought-provoking... though I'm not sure if this qualifies as sci-fi or fantasy. Oliver is such a happy character, and Delilah is a perfect match for him. Edgar is so selfless in the end, and I thought the twist ending was both satisfying and hilarious. Overall, a great book, and one that I won't forget very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment