Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Middle School Reviews


The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
Reviewed by T.N., a rising 6th grader

Very good book. It had good connections between the action, instead of just action all the time or being boring in between. I liked the characters and it had good character development but with the characters still likable at the beginning. Also I liked how things that that you thought were a fake turned out to be real.


Guys Read: Funny Business edited by Jon Scieszka
Reviewed by O.M., a rising 7th grader

These stories are so fun to read. I read this for summer reading, and I loved it. I don't know how the authors came up with all these funny ideas. I look forward to reading the other books in the series.


True Legend by Mike Lupica
Reviewed by J.C., a rising 8th grader

Mike Lupica is one of my favorite authors; I love all of his books. True Legend is definitely up there as one of my favorite novels by him. First, I liked it because it is a story about basketball, which I play, and is my favorite sport. Secondly, I liked it because I got really into it, thinking about Drew, the main character, and how he was changing for the worst. I also liked it because it celebrated unsung heroes, and all the pro athletes who never get credit for their talent. This truly is one of my favorite books I've read this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment